Purpose of Job:
Operate road rail plant within engineering possessions.
- To undertake checks against the rail plant using the F69 Pre-Use Inspection Report prior to the start of work.
- To follow the instructions of the Machine / Crane Controller to ensure the safe movement and operation of rail plant.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Must hold a current CPCS competency card and have at least 5 years experience undertaking these duties working within engineering possessions.
- Must hold a current Machine Operators competency.
- Must complete the SAF6 Spoken Communications course.
- Good knowledge and experience of the permanent way, and/or civil engineering, and statutory legislation would be desirable, but not essential.
- Application of the Rule Book relevant to the safe movement and operation of rail plant.