At Total Rail Solutions (TRS), we respect your personal data. In this Fair Processing Notice we provide detailed information on how we look after your data e.g when and why we collect it, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect, store and process the following information about you:
- Technical: Details on the devices and technology you use
- Communications: What we learn about you from letters, web forms, email, and our conversations
- Usage of data: Other data about how you use our products and services
- Documentary data: Details about you that are stored in documents in different formats, or copies of them
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your data is kept for our records only. Under no circumstances will your personal information be sold to any third party. However it will be shared with our service providers to undertake our services and our contractual obligations. Service providers include financial institutes, software providers, cloud service providers, website hosts and email providers.
We will keep your data for up to five years after our last contact with you.
How do we use your personal data and what is our legal basis?
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To deliver an efficient service
- To manage our relationship with you
- To identify and develop new ways to meet our customers’ needs
- To develop and carry out marketing activities and promote our products and services
- To understand how our customers use our products and services
We will use your data when we have a legitimate business or commercial reason to do so. Our legitimate interests include:
- To keep our records up to date
- To keep in contact with you, as someone who has previously been interested in our products and services
- To provide an efficient service to our customers and fulfil our contractual duties
- To work out which products and services may be of interest to you
- To keep you informed about the services, products, features and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
How do we use your data for marketing?
From time to time we may contact you via email, mail or telephone to keep you informed of our latest products and services. We use a third-party US-based email provider, MailChimp, to deliver our corporate emails and newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter and emails. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. MailChimp has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Do we use any automated decision making?
We do not use any automated decision making.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
we no longer need it
if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent
if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data
we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us as most matters can be resolved informally in the first instance.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our contact details:
Tel: 01962 711642
(a) to the extent that TRS are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which TRS are (or are contemplating) selling.
Cookies are tiny files automatically downloaded to any device you use e.g computer, tablet, mobile etc, whenever you go to a website. They’re designed to make your visit quicker and easier. We use a number of different cookies on our website.
TRS may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. TRS may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. TRS may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Our website may also use third party cookies. These are set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site and allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by **Twitter, Facebook, Google+. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete such information.