TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the business as Sales Executives. Working within the Business Development Team, you will support the regional Business Development Managers to generate enquiries and set appointments across your given area, undertaking cold and warm sales calls to market the business to existing and future clients and develop strong working relationships. Your role is ultimately to make TRS more visible in the marketplace.
One based in the North and one in the South, these roles would suit someone who has some existing sales experience and is looking for an exciting new opportunity. You will meet a variety of different customers and roles within the rail sector and will need to be a good communicator at all levels.
- Raise the profile of TRS amongst existing and new customers
- Arrange and attend customer meetings
- Work towards daily and weekly Sales KPI’s
- Research and identify new contacts and opportunities and generate sales leads
- Record your visits and succinctly report your weekly activities
- Offer general support to the Business Development Managers
- Undertake market research on our clients, customers and competitors
- Assist in developing a multi contact matrix for existing and new customers
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Self starter and can do attitude
- Friendly and outgoing with an effervescent personality
- Organised and efficient, you will be able to manage your own time to maximum effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating with people of all levels, including cold calling new customers where necessary
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed in putting TRS at the top of our customers’ minds, to ensure we are first call, every time
What’s in it for you?
The role attracts a base salary with an attractive OTE based on results. You will be given a company vehicle and, for the right person, there will be opportunities to progress.