TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
An interesting opportunity has arisen for Quantity Surveyor to undertake a wide range of quantity surveying duties with ownership for the full commercial control over a portfolio of work and ensuring that projects are delivered within time and to the commercial targets set out.
- Carry out feasibility studies to estimate time and labour costs.
- Negotiate and draw up bids for tenders and contractors.
- Monitor each stage of project to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts and agreed budgets (Company financial reporting) in close liaison with the Head of Civils and Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide financial progress reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Identify potential risks and evaluate options for control.
- Develop and monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems.
- Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements.
- Client interface to reach final accounts.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Experience of commercial management and commercially astute.
- High ability in the use of Microsoft office programmes, predominately Excel, Word and Outlook.
- HND in Construction as a minimum.
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or Construction required.
- Previous rail experience highly desirable, but just as important is the willingness to learn the industry.
- Ability to build solid working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Experience of traditional quantity surveying duties.
- Previous experience of commercial control over own portfolio of work.
- Strong eye for detail.
- A desire to work towards full chartered status of RICS / CIOB membership.
- To continue CPD (continued professional development).