TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Purchase Ledger Clerk to maintain the purchase ledger, including payments to suppliers, statement reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Register all incoming purchase invoices/credit notes on the Company’s system before sending out for budget authorisation.
- Process employee expenses information.
- Reconcile supplier statements and deal with supplier queries.
- Compile weekly and ad hoc supplier payments information.
- Provide information for month end purchase accruals & prepayments.
- Assist with recording capital expenditure.
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Compile hotel and travel information required for payroll requirements.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Experience of the complete purchase ledger process.
- Experience of BAC’s & electronic payments.
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and of developing good working relationships with them.
- Computer literate with experience of Exchequer accounting software and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to work under own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility.
- Effective communication skills and able to communicate at all levels.
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge and experience.