Purpose of Job:
To monitor and co-ordinate the maintenance and repair of plant and equipment.
Based out of Newbury Head Office, the Plant Maintenance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that statutory requirements for plant and associated equipment with regard to testing, thorough examinations and testing and that documentary evidence of all maintenance, repair and statutory examinations carried out are held on file.
- Fully maintaining plant and equipment registers, engineering acceptance certificates, calibration certificates, maintenance, service, test and inspection records.
- Ensuring all plant and equipment hired out to clients is fit for purpose.
- Liaising with the Company’s plant and equipment maintainer in order to ensure work is carried out in line with maintenance plans.
- Managing the work of TRS depot operatives to ensure that TRS plant and associated items are fit for purpose and that the depot, its equipment and resources are used safely and correctly maintained.
- Liaise with the maintainer on a daily basis to ensure that maintenance on plant and equipment required to be ready for work by TRS is being carried out as per TRS and maintenance plan requirements and providing location/logistical information to the maintainer in the same regard.
- Ensure that a database of all work carried out on plant and equipment including outstanding defects is maintained up to date and readily available.
- Ensure a spreadsheet detailing frequency of maintenance completed, and a planned maintenance look ahead in line with maintenance plans and statutory requirements is maintained and readily available.
- Ensure that engineering acceptance certificates, calibration certificates, maintenance, services, test and inspection records for plant and equipment are collated and appropriately filed.
- Ensure that the HSQE department is made aware of new or updated engineering acceptance received.
- Ensure all plant and equipment hired out to clients has a copy of engineering acceptance certification (where required) and other required records/documents and accessories prior to despatch.
- Ensure all plant and equipment hired out to clients has been maintained, serviced, tested, inspected as per requirements and fit for purpose prior to despatch.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is inspected for its condition when off-hired.
- Report all damage and losses to relevant operations managers and ensure repairs and replacements are arranged and the costs charged to the client where it is deemed to be the client’s responsibility.
- Take cognisance of any safety, environmental and quality issues or concerns raised as a part of maintenance or repair activities and advise management accordingly.
- Maintain as a part of the plant and equipment database records of all costs incurred for each item of plant in order to provide analysis and feedback to the Finance Director or CEO on request to ensure that all commercial matters relating to plant and equipment hire are implemented effectively.
- Maintain up to date records of plant and equipment utilisation.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Preferably Level 3 or higher in Plant Maintenance and Repair together with underpinning knowledge of rail plant and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Good knowledge of maintenance plans and certification and other requirements for the plant and equipment owned or procured by TRS.
- Good knowledge of statutory legislation, including Railway Group and Network Rail Standards related to plant and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience of operational requirements for plant and equipment when used on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
- Previous experience in a management/supervisory role.
- Sound knowledge of RCI systems and a good understanding of rail activities.
- Demonstrable electrical and hydraulic knowledge.
Salary will be commensurate with industry knowledge and experience.
Application deadline: 18/06/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £33,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday