What are we looking for?
We are looking for two On-Call Managers, to join the team and become the first point of contact out of hours (18:00pm to 06:00am) on a four on four off basis.
Initially based out of the Newbury Head Office, the On-Call Managers will be responsible for providing support and guidance, enabling rapid response to issues raised by those contacting the TRS on call facility. You will, liaise with all the relevant TRS team members to ensure that all required actions are followed through to fruition. You will need to effectively log all calls and incidents with sufficient accurate detail that may arise during weekly works, to ensure that all information captured is completed in order for it to be review at the wash-up meetings, and support and client queries.
To provide effective telephone advice, guidance and support relating to track related incidents and ensures all information is captured and recorded accurately into the TRS events log.
For complex issues and situations requiring urgent action, act as an affective pivotal communicator between TRS clients, operational managers and the transport manager ensuring information is received and relayed back effectively to all relevant personnel in order to successfully resolve issues.
For critical, accidents or incidents requiring immediate action, liaise with either the Head of Compliance or Health & Safety representative in ensuring that matters are brought to their attention. Where required, provide reassurance of all such matters to Network rail or the client advising that such incidents will be investigated and followed up.
- Completing and maintaining the Total Rail Solutions On-Call Events Log.
- Logging all relevant calls including calls referring to accidents, incidents, near misses and close calls, plant breakdowns etc and ensuring that required actions resulting from calls are closed out.
- For extremely urgent or complex matters, liaise with all relevant personnel and their line managers and effectively convey all instructions from managers to personnel.
- Ensure that the On-Call Events log is fully completed and up to date for Monday’s wash up meeting and where required verbally run through any specific issues that require specific attention and / or immediate attention.
- Ensure on call logs are emailed to the Management team at the end of each tun of duty.
- Ensure that all fault log actions are followed up and closed out with all applicable supporting information included.
- Analyse call issues and identify areas where business improvements could be had, i.e. where there is repeatedly the same issues arising, or where time is lost through minor calls received that could be resolved without the need for on-call assistance.
- Report and assist in all incidents or activities not directly related to track issues, i.e. urgent hotel bookings, recording of road traffic accidents, vehicle parking or access issues, etc.
- Where additional hotels are required to be booked, ensure all costs are managed efficiently and details shared with staff involved.
- Ensure any messages sent to the on-call phone are directed to the correct department.
- Be effectively able to use TRS Digital platforms for the sharing of applicable business information to enable job completion.
- Ensure that all changes to the contract schedule and any additional hotel bookings are added to the contract schedule in addition to the fault log report.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
Practical, and ideally hands-on, knowledge and experience of road-rail vehicle and POS operations on Network Rail managed infrastructure.
Good working knowledge of general track safety, possession requirements and the relevant sections of the Rule Book regarding OTP use. Current or previous holder of PTS would also be advantageous as this knowledge will be essential in this role.
A willingness to learn and understand TRS’ in-house contract schedule in order to understand where work is scheduled and to determine the whereabouts of specific personnel throughout the weekend shifts.
Build effective communications with all department teams and operational managers. Develop strong communication links with key personnel out on track, i.e. POS Supervisors and those responsible for heading up and overseeing jobs.
Excellent communicator, confident enough to relay specific detailed instructions between various parties.
Ability to maintain a level head in high pressured situations and remain focussed on effectively resolving issues.
Thorough understanding of recording data onto Excel spreadsheets and recording and logging of calls onto the Events log.
Salary will be commensurate with industry knowledge and experience.
Please apply attaching your CV and short covering letter detailing your salary expectations