Purpose of Job:
To plan and prepare compliant fit for purpose lift plans to support works carried out under the TRS POS, using charts, programmes, formulae, specifications, and incorporating information gained from TRS site visits and supplementary information supplied by the client.
- Responsible for the planning of single and tandem lifting operations for On Track Plant (OTP) and associated equipment. Utilising the appropriate lifting equipment as defined under legislation, TRS’ legal obligations and to Network Rail standards.
- Ensuring that completed POS packs are issued to the relevant TRS POS Supervisors for the works along with duplex communications equipment. In addition to any bulletins or briefings issued by the TRS HSQE department for on-site briefing.
- Ensuring the safe return of duplex communications equipment and completed POS packs, checking returned packs for errors or omissions.
- Planning the lifting operations and works under the TRS POS to reflect all the information received from the client, the TRS site visit/survey, and any relevant supplementary information.
- Where required, oversee TRS employees who undertake site visits and client/white board meetings, and further develop personal knowledge and skills across the full remit of responsibilities associated with the department in order to cover periods of absence.
- Identify the relevant information relating to different types of lifting accessories, i.e. markings, certificates, thorough examination reports, etc.
- Using mathematical formulae, extract information to determine capacity of cranes from duty charts and software planning tools. Prepare lift plan information for others involved in a lifting operation.
- Allocate different types of lifting accessories for various applications and given types of loads.
- Ensure the correct crane and configuration for various types of lift.
- Provide advice and guidance to immediate functional team members.
- In conjunction with line management, responsible for supporting the delivery of projects safely, and to cost, time and quality.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation, procedures, and methodology are applied to all jobs.
- Adhere to both TRS and statutory legislative requirements.
- Ensure that TRS POS Supervisors are issued with all relevant and compliant documentation.
- Thoroughly check returned POS packs for discrepancies and areas of non-compliance. Advising POS Supervisors of best practice required and payroll colleagues of any bonus payments due.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Have a full and up to date understanding of legislation that relates to lifting operations such as LOLER, BS7121.
- Have the in-depth knowledge to select the correct type of OTP and/or associated equipment to carry out lifting operations by understanding the entire examination and machine certification required for lifting equipment and accessories.
- Hold a valid Personal Track Safety (PTS) card.
- Sentinel Lift Planner competence – Single and Tandem Lift.
- Experience of Road Rail Vehicles / MC planning or a desire and aptitude to undertake the relevant recognised training course and assessment.
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of relevant lift planning software, Excel, Word and email packages.
- Solid logistics and planning skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight and challenging deadlines.
- Good team player, able to build solid working relationships with operational colleagues.
Salary will be commensurate with industry knowledge and experience.
Application deadline: 18/06/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £35,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
We share our clients’ objectives, responsibilities and, ultimately, their successes. We work closely with our customers, building relationships based on honesty and integrity. It’s therefore no surprise that our customers keep coming back.
We believe that successful projects are delivered by competent and highly-skilled teams. We encourage our workforce to develop their competencies and knowledge to the best of their ability – and provide the resources to enable them to do so.
Destination Total Safety
We are one team with one vision for health and safety excellence: Destination Total Safety. Through collaboration, awareness and management leadership, we are committed to eliminating unsafe actions, minimising risks and ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for each other.
As we grow we aim to stay agile. From responding rapidly to 24/7 emergency projects, to our long-term commitment to developing innovative rail plant– we continually strive to understand and meet the rail industry’s changing needs