TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Lift Planner (POS) to prepare compliant and fit for purpose lift plans to support works carried out under the TRS POS, using charts, programmes, formulae, specifications, and incorporating information gained from TRS site visits and supplementary information supplied by the client.
Through method statements and associated documentation reflecting our POS provision in relation to the main works, supply and management of OTP, associated equipment, and labour, The Lift Planner (POS) will ensure that all documentation produced meets legislative and industry requirements.
- Responsible for the planning of single and tandem lifting operations for On Track Plant (OTP) and associated equipment utilising the appropriate lifting equipment as defined under legislation, TRS’ legal obligations and to Network Rail standards.
- Ensuring that completed POS packs are issued to the relevant TRS POS Supervisors for the works along with duplex communications equipment, and any bulletins or briefings issued by the TRS HSQE department for on-site briefing.
- Ensuring the safe return of duplex communications equipment and completed POS packs, and checking returned packs for errors or omissions.
- Planning the lifting operations and works under the TRS POS to reflect all the information received from the client, the TRS site visit/survey, and any relevant supplementary information.
- Where required, oversee TRS employees who undertake site visits and client/white board meetings, and further develop personal knowledge and skills across the full remit of responsibilities associated with the department in order to cover periods of absence.
- Identify the relevant information relating to different types of lifting accessories, i.e. markings, certificates, thorough examination reports, etc.
- Using mathematical formulae, extract information to determine capacity of cranes from duty charts and software planning tools. Prepare lift plan information for others involved in a lifting operation.
- Allocate different types of lifting accessories for various applications and given types of loads.
- Ensure the correct crane and configuration for various types of lift.
- Provide advice and guidance to immediate functional team members.
- In conjunction with line management, responsible for supporting the delivery of projects safely, and to cost, time and quality.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation, procedures, and methodology are applied to all jobs.
- Adhere to both TRS and statutory legislative requirements.
- Ensure that TRS POS Supervisors are issued with all relevant and compliant documentation.
- Thoroughly check returned POS packs for discrepancies and areas of non-compliance. Advising POS Supervisors of best practice required and payroll colleagues of any bonus payments due.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Have a full and up to date understanding of legislation that relates to lifting operations such as LOLER, BS7121.
- Have the in-depth knowledge to select the correct type of OTP and/or associated equipment to carry out lifting operations by understanding the entire examination and machine certification required for lifting equipment and accessories.
- Hold a valid Personal Track Safety (PTS) card.
- Sentinel Lift Planner competence – Single and Tandem Lift.
- Experience of Road Rail vehicles / MC planning or a desire and aptitude to undertake the relevant recognised training course and assessment.
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of relevant lift planning software, Excel, Word and email packages.
- Solid logistics and planning skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight and challenging deadlines.
- Good team player, able to build solid working relationships with operational colleagues.
Salary will be commensurate with industry knowledge and experience.
Please apply attaching your CV and short covering letter detailing your salary expectations.