TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced and customer focussed HGV Drivers to load/offload road/rail plant and ancillary equipment safely to and from base of operations (Newbury, Doncaster, Cwmbran or Birmingham) and client rail locations throughout the UK.
- Completion of all relevant paperwork associated with client needs, deliveries and collections. Checking all relevant equipment is correct in line with client requirements.
- Unload equipment at the relevant location/site points in a safe, efficient manner and always in a considerate and polite fashion taking into account the care and attention of other people who are within close proximity of the unloading area.
- All legislation and paperwork concerning the vehicle’s Tachograph is complied with.
- Report any issues or discrepancies associated to the delivery or pickup of plant and equipment to the Transport Manager or Transport Co-Ordinator.
- Prepared to work on occasions outside normal working hours in order to meet urgent and unplanned operational needs.
- Drive in a responsible manner at all times complying with all current Road Transport Regulations. Adhere to driver working hours, speed limits, etc.
- Act as an ambassador for the Company when meeting clients and customers creating an excellent impression of both the Company and the Transport Department.
- Trained in FORS and undertaken the relevant modular tests and assessment.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Full, clean Driving Licence (HGV) and DigiTach holder.
- Previous HGV driving experience with heavy plant.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Good driving skills and knowledge of current Road Transport Regulations.
- Polite, courteous, respectful and helpful.
- Driver CPC training would be an advantage, however further training will be provided where necessary.
- Willing to work various shift patterns and night working.