TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to manage all budgets / reforecasts, monthly management information and commercial analysis as well as all external audits and statutory reporting. The Financial Controller will also be responsible for coaching and managing an ambitious and friendly Finance team.
- Work closely with senior management to increase efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the medium and long-term financial plan.
- Work with senior management to build budgets.
- Ensure control policies and procedures are relevant and adequate to protect the business.
- Complete all cash flow analysis and requirements, including the rolling 13-week cash forecast
- Ensure all PNC reporting information is completed, including management of PNC audits.
- Complete / review all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Compliance with all tax requirements, such as PAYE, CIS, VAT, Corporation Tax.
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary.
- Complete and review monthly management accounts, covenant testing and KPIs, providing variance analysis.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Previous experience as FP&A, Financial Controller
- Experience of leading and managing others
- Previous experience of accounting systems essential, working knowledge of IRIS, Exchequer or Wynne Systems would be advantageous
Salary will be commensurate with experience.