TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civils Site Manager to assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring all site works are planned, coordinated, and delivered to the specified quality without incident.
- Instigate and maintain a programme of works for the activities to be undertaken, ensuring correct and sufficient resources holding the necessary competencies are available to execute the work.
- Plan, coordinate and manage site supervisors and subcontractor elements to ensure compliance with safety, specifications, remits, and budgets.
- Champion Health & Safety on site and ensure compliance to company management systems.
- Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP’s, WPP’s and waste management plans.
- Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised.
- Initial management of accidents and incidents ensuring all events are correctly reported.
- Undertake site inspections/surveillances to ensure the works are being undertaken as per the written method of work.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent or at least 4 years experience working on site.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Capable of being able to understand technical issues and be credible in front of customers.
- Ideally hold a Nebosh Construction Certificate or Construction Skills Site Safety Management.
- Understanding of UK H&S legislation, Network Rail and Group standards.
- Strong IT, verbal and written communication skills.