TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Billing & Sales Ledger Specialist to manage the information relating to raising sales invoices produced by the Company, the setting up of customer accounts and management of the debtors’ ledger.
- Maintain the register of outstanding billing.
- Liaise with relevant personnel to obtain information necessary to raise invoices.
- Produce invoices with associated documents and raise credit notes as required.
- Upload invoices raised to bank invoice financing system.
- Allocate incoming payments on to the ledger.
- Investigate and escalate queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Assist with calculation of accrued income and deferred income.
- Chase debt via telephone, email and letter.
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations and complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Complete credit and other checks for perspective new customers.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to work under own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A customer focussed approach to sales ledger and credit control.
- Good working knowledge of Exchequer and Microsoft Office.
- Willing to share knowledge and ideas and to learn from team members.
Salary will be commensurate with knowledge and experience.