TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Admin Assistant to provide support to the operations team as well as delivering a friendly, efficient customer service to all callers, clients and visitors by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Responsible for a wide range of admin tasks that supports our operational colleagues, such as ownership and responsibility for all hotel bookings and ordering of PPE.
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages in a friendly, professional and courteous manner.
- Handle the flow of people through the business.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings and client visits, organise lunches and set up IT and any other equipment.
- Other adhoc duties such as stationery ordering, mobile phone allocation, photocopying and filing.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organising and planning skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Knowledge and experience of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work