TRS who are we?
Best Plant – Best People – Safest Processes
This is Total Rail Solutions’ industry leading formula that is the basis of our success.
We are specialists in providing on-track plant (OTP) hire, sub-contracting services and labour provision to rail sites across the UK. Working with leading contractors including Balfour Beatty, Amco, Lundy Projects and Allun Griffiths, we support some of the most prestigious Network Rail, Crossrail and London Underground projects across the UK.
Under our full On-Track Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval we support a wide range of projects, such as Overhead Line Equipment (OLE), permanent way and civils work.
We own over 80 road rail vehicles and a broad range of attachments and employ a 300 strong workforce that includes, POS Supervisors, Crane Controllers, Machine Controllers, Plant Operatives and contingent labour, this is led by an experienced management team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to support our Accounts department with a variety of day-to-day financial operations such as sales and purchase ledger, expenses and basic bookkeeping.
- Working with and reconciling sales and purchase ledger.
- Preparing accounts.
- Managing the Company post.
- Writing and handling of cheques.
- Processing purchase orders and invoices.
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to the Accounts team and wider business.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Committed and a fast learner.
- Experience of working in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Computer literate with an aptitude for numbers.
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good team player, able to build effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Hold or be studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification.
Salary will be commensurate with industry knowledge and experience.
Please apply attaching your CV and short covering letter detailing your salary expectations.
Deadline for applications: 30/07/2021