With full Plant Operations Scheme (POS) approval, TRS can conduct on-track plant operations on Network Rail managed infrastructure.
Full POS rail services
We work with leading principle contractors, providing on-track plant, operators and technical support to deliver planned or emergency projects. We’re also approved to work on London Underground infrastructure and have also recently supported Crossrail projects.
Our POS rail services include lift planning, carried out by Sentinel qualified planners. As part of our service we’ll complete a full site survey to understand your project’s objectives and gather technical details, such as the loads/materials to be lifted and their weights, track configuration and specific site hazards etc.
We’ll also advise you on any plant specific items in relation to the site of work, including ALO arrangements and any required control measures.
We then produce lift plans and OTP plans/method statements, allocate the most suitable equipment and plan the most cost-effective means to complete the job. Once on site, our POS Supervisors will work closely with your project team to ensure they work as efficiently and safely as possible.
In conjunction with our POS rail services we can also install, maintain and remove the following:
- Track access – permanent and temporary systems
- Safety barrier provision – available either as dry hire only or installed and removed
- Temporary access steps and roads
- Site lighting – VT1 static lights or link lights
Our POS rail services are supported by:
- Over 70 items of road rail plant and a wide range of RRV attachments
- 300 strong fully-trained and qualified rail labour workforce
- 24hr expert maintenance team and national fitter cover
- In-house transport fleet, including hiabs and tractor units