Purpose of job:
- Monitoring and co-ordinating the maintenance and repair of plant and equipment either owned or hired by TRS, in order to ensure that maintenance is carried out to the requirements of maintenance plans.
- Ensuring that statutory requirements for plant and associated equipment, with regard to testing, thorough examinations etc, are met.
- Documenting all maintenance, repair and statutory examinations.
- To maintain plant and equipment registers, engineering acceptance certificates, calibration certificates, and maintenance, service, test and inspection records.
- To ensure all plant and equipment hired out to clients is fit for purpose.
- Liaise with the company’s plant and equipment maintainer in order to ensure that the maintainer is carrying out work in line with maintenance plans, and TRS’ own requirements.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Previous experience in a management role.
- Basic underpinning knowledge of plant and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Good knowledge of maintenance plan and certification and other requirements for the plant and equipment owned or procured by TRS.
- Good knowledge of TRS procedures, statutory legislation, including Railway Group and Network Rail Standards related to plant and equipment maintenance.
- Good knowledge and experience of operational requirements for plant and equipment when used on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.