Purpose of Job:
Supervision and control of rail plant movements within engineering possessions.
- To undertake checks against the rail plant and the Machine Operators prior to the start of work.
- To provide clear instructions to the Machine Operator to ensure the safe movement and operation of rail plant.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Must hold a current COSS competency and have at least 5 years experience undertaking these duties working within engineering possessions.
- Must hold a current Machine / Crane Controller competency, and machine specific counterparts. Where lifting duties are to be undertaken the Crane Controller shall also be qualified in crane supervision and any specific operations, such as tandem lifting.
- Must complete the SAF6 Spoken Communications course.
- Good knowledge and experience of the permanent way, and/or civil engineering, and statutory legislation would be desirable, but not essential.
- Application of the Rule Book relevant to the safe movement and operation of rail plant.